Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A Day in the Life

Just another day on the emotional roller coaster.

First, my old Minnesota Flame called to say, "hey, surprise! I'm down the road from you a piece earning buckets of money teaching insurance guys how to 'communicate better' [tr: act] Howzabout we get together?"

(He also gets paid piles of cash to be the "Can You Hear Me Now" guy for Midwest Wireless. Too bad we didn't have all that dough when we were together: we could have pitched that hideous naugehyde couch his parents gave us out the window and gone out for a nice Thai dinner. But I digress...)

Midwest Wireless Whore

I had a meeting last night so we couldn't do that. So he showed up this a.m. and I brought him to my ladies church group to be my Show and Tell Presentation.

He talked about the process of writing a one-man show and generally enthralled and regaled everyone, performing two scenes from one of his shows (that features moi as a character, since it's based on true life events and all) right there in the living room. PROPS for spontaneity, old pal.

Then I went to the hospital and beheld those things to which elders refer when they say knowingly to one another, "Aging is not for sissies." Which made me cry in the car on the way to the Stop & Shop.

At which time I saw four church dears at the store, and then...

rushed home to put out some little snack items for my illustrious house guest who was being chauffered up in the evening ...

and then went to church for some quiet time before teaching my class and found a lovely and thoughtful gift on my desk...
which got me all teary again...

and then came home at 9:30 p.m. to find my illustrious elder colleague house guest lying on the parlor love seat wearing Christmas-themed jammies ...

at which time we repaired to the ANT-INFESTED kitchen (!!!) for snickerdoodles and a beverage and to chat.

If you want theological reflections or substantive discussions on UUism, or current events this week, try http://www.paulwilczynski.com/ . He's doing great stuff lately. And I'm just trying to keep up with the ants.

I have no comment about the new pope, except that he looks much better in papal regalia than I imagine he did in his little brown shirt. *cough*




2 Comments:

Blogger Chalicechick said...

Peacebang's ex is a cutie.

Somebody had to say it.

CC

00:10  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

What's most fun about knowing someone for that long is watching them slowly transform from long-haired, tie-dye-clad, intensely smokin' hottie to cute, button-downed, preppy, short-haired, thoroughly domesticated husband and daddy.


He even irons his shirts now.

(I'm sure he's enjoyed watching me transform, too, but he'll have to start his own blog if he wants to describe it in cruel detail)

David, honey, just keep up with the moisturizer and you'll be a perfectly gorgeous geezer.

14:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home