Monday, April 11, 2005

Another Jerk


Another Jerk
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.
This is millionaire real estate mogul Chris Shelton, a contestant on "The Apprentice," which I confess I watched twice a year or so ago.

Shelton was arrested for disorderly conduct in Tampa, FL, apparently behaving like a ranting psycho in a hotel lobby where he was partying with his friends.

I am so sick of these Captains of Industry making the world into a cesspool of testosterone poisoning, spraying their egos and their despicable attitudes all over the land like those green slime monsters in "Ghostbusters." A girl can't even go out in a pair of cute sandals without stepping in that vile gunk.

I'm not making any brilliant social analysis here -- it's a Monday and I'm still bleary from yesterday -- but dagblammit, the incivility, the rampant "cell yell," the hateful, macho belligerence, the pathological entitlement, the treacherous NASCAR-inspired driving on the local roads, the peacock strutting on every street, in every gym, in every store, at every restaurant, the thumping into an Amtrak car or the cafe at Barnes & Noble to make it into their private, second office and subjecting everyone around them to their ostentatious wheeling and dealing by cell phone...

Alan Alda, take me away!

Am I right?

Is this not a particularly heinous side-effect of Bush's Toxic America???

And don't get me started on the FEMALE versions of this guy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul Wilczynski said...

So am I correct in saying that if he appeared on the next round of "Date a Doofus", you wouldn't apply to be a contestant? :)

14:48  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

T-Man! Why do I have a hard time thinking of you as one of those Captain of Industry types? Canadian artists just don't usually fit that mold!
(I still have to get you some Dr. B's!)
I just tried on some German sandals yesterday and I looked way too much like a gym teacher, out of shape and close to retirement.

I still own the fabulous 4" 1940's patent leather mules I bought last year for the benefit of that loser perv I was dating, but really, I'm devoted to my far less treacherous Bandolinos and Franco Sartos -- it's almost warm enough to take out the little lime green mules with the 2" heel and the little flower over the instep!
YAY!!

(okay, I promise I will NOT continue to discuss shoes on here)

17:30  
Blogger Chalicechick said...

And he's a major chode on the show. He bitches out his teammates all the time and never comes up with any good ideas, yet the Donald has refused to fire him for reasons as yet unknown.

He totally lied about having threatened Alex during the pizza task and he acted like a total punk during the minigolf task and he lost Trump's credit card during the clothing task. What does the creep have to do to get fired? Bitchslap Carolyn?

Shout out to my pal Kendra. Rock on, little smaht girl, rock on.


Not that I watch or anything.

We all know CC is too cool for that.
]
CC

who also yaks on her cellphone an awful lot, but only struts when wearing marabou mules.

19:49  
Blogger Chalicechick said...

Thought you might be happy.

Chris got voted off tonight.

He cried.

It was really fucked up.

CC

22:30  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

He CRIED? Oh my heavens. I'm glad I don't watch the show.

12:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home