Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sushi Plate: Cat Update

So I told you over at Beauty Tips that Erm hasn't been eating, so I'll nonchalantly follow her around with stinky cat food in my hand, like, "Oh, I just happened to have this Tuna Delight on the end of my finger, could I interest you in this?" And she'll stop and smell it and lick it in tiny bites off the end of my finger as I praise her for each bite.

It's been slow work. I'm keeping a close eye out for dehydration.

So this morning I got her to eat some more miniscule amounts off my finger and then thought that maybe she'd like to eat off something more elegant. Maybe we've progressed that far. Worth a try.
So I got out a tiny, white square sushi dish and made a nice little sashimi presentation for her. You know, a little Food Network psych-out job.

She was hanging out on the desk when I came in with her little appetizer plate. Little cat tapas.
I put it down near her nose and got busy doing something else. Can I tell you how delightful it was to hear those little smacks and gobbles? She ate it all, and even part of a second helping.

Again, I wonder what people do when their babies are sick.



On another note entirely (the reward for those of you who are actually reading this!!) -- are you protesting Bush's IRAQ SURGE on Thursday afternoon somewhere?
Is anyone going to Boston Common?
I am so angry about this plan that I don't think I'll be able to stay away. I'm much more of a protest-by-the-pen kind of gal, but dammit, this is the most vile, egotistical, I-Can't-Admit-I've-Lost kind of murderous insanity.

Let me know in the comments if I'll be seeing you, or where you'll be.

Thanks for the cat love. We know you're there, we love you back.

7 Comments:

Blogger fausto said...

When and where on Thurs? I can wander ofer there if things aren't too busy at work.

09:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried the Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys? Pricey, but our three adore them, and the salmon would look so good on the sushi plate...

13:23  
Blogger Kate said...

My UU Congregation will be at teh corner of Church St. and Bloomfield Ave. in Montclair, NJ if anyone's interested.

So happy to hear the Ermie is eating!

15:45  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

So glad she is eating. I also second the Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys. These often convert our scared and traumatized foster kittens to little cuddle bunnies.

21:15  
Blogger Lizard Eater said...

'Nuther thing to try on her: baby food beef. My kitty loves it. Got the idea from Dr. Louis Camuti. If you haven't read his memoir "All My Patients are Under the Bed," get it now.

01:01  
Blogger Unknown said...

I worry lots about Ermengarde. Since you have Vets in the Congregation--why not have them show you and give you some bags of saline and a drip hose + needle/catheter--they can easily show YOU how to keep her hydrated.

Cheerfully in Care, RK

07:34  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Roger, I was wondering if you were out there somewhere!

Erm is doing much better with food but I will definitely have my vet friends do as you suggested if she doesn't start drinking water.

Thanks.

08:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home