Thursday, September 21, 2006

P. Diddy Speaks

SisterBang sent this to me. I think it's hilarious, but I also want to say that the use of the familiar "my man" gives Sean's (P. Diddy) critique a kind of compassionate, we're-still-family warmth that makes his honest smackdown easier to hear than the usual vitriol. Not to over-analyze, but I'm always on the look-out for ways to speak truth to power that employ emotional honesty and personal investment rather than cold, intellectualized demonization.

----


"It's just embarassing the kind of ignorance in my man," said Diddy, who now refers to the commander-in-chief on a posse-level basis.

"It's like my man has no marbles up there ... My man is just running up there crazy and the things he's doing are crazy ... Ain't nobody feelin' that war."

[The Examiner's] Yeas & Nays asked Diddy if events since 2004 have made him want to update the "Vote or Die!" slogan he made famous during the last presidential campaign.

"Nope, it's still "Vote or Die!,'' said Diddy. "People didn't vote and people died."



[Source Unknown]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home