Thursday, June 02, 2005

PeaceBang Goes Wireless

After much sturm und drang, my dear neighbor and friend completed a task begun by another friend and finally got my wireless connection to work on this semi-new computer (I bought it last summer in my harrowing transition from Mac to PC. Its a Dell Inspiron 600 m. It has six squillions of plinkabytes. It has gigas galore. I can get on the Internet four different ways. I have photos on here. I have millions of hours of sermon-sweat on here. This thing is my second brain).

So I'm untethered from my study, sitting here on the couch in the parlor, listening to jazz ("sounds like elephants mating," my Ma would say) and surfing away.

I feel so liberated.
I feel emancipated.

This isn't what Susan B. had in mind, but still... I do.

I CAN GO TO STARBUCKS (OR PANERA!!) AND JOIN THE CORPS OF EMANCIPATED, PUBLIC CLICKERS AND SURFERS AND E-MAILERS.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chalicechick said...

Go to Panera, where wi/fi is free. The Starbucks around here charge.

CC

07:43  
Blogger Chalicechick said...

And BTW, I just had to have my first non-oil change actualy repair on my 1998 Corolla.

My next car is going to be a Miata. After that? Toyota forever.

CC

07:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Camry is available in a V-4 model and does not require the premium fuel. I have had two Toyota's, a Lexus, and two Nissans in the last 10 years. The only thing I ever did to them was change the oil and tires.

Damn, we sound like a Toyota ad.

09:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home