Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Last Dial Phone


Roz Chast
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.
I visited one of my dear grand-elders the other day and was amazed when she picked up a real, live DIAL phone. Just like we had in the old days, Pa!

It takes a lot of finger power to dial that thing! Betchyoo didn't remember.

By the way, you all do know the work of Roz Chast, I hope? When I was in high school there was a select clique of us who formed friendships strictly based on whether or not someone loved Roz Chast. Get "Unscientific Americans" and let me know if you want to be in the clique. One of the other members is now a wildly successful composer out in Seattle, so you know, it's only the *best* weirdos.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chalicechick said...

Roz Chast is spiff, but everybody knows you're SUPPOSED to form your friendships based on the love of Robertson Davies.

One of these days I want a Tiffany Phone.

CC

12:07  
Blogger Barbara Ley said...

I really like your blog--from various things you've said, I've gotten the impression that you are a minister/reverend? If so, for what demonination? I'm a casual quaker myself.

11:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home