Monday, February 05, 2007

Notes On A Scandal


Notes On A Scandal
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.
Miguelito and I went to see "Notes On A Scandal" last night and found it howling good fun.

It was far more "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" meets "Fatal Attraction" than I expected, but the performances by Judi Dench and Cate Blanchett are a delight, and the score by Philip Glass keeps your adrenaline rushing.

This is very high pedigree camp, featuring a 4 star catfight at the climax of the film, and Judi Dench as a deliciously deluded villainess.

I'll be rooting for her and Helen Mirren and Meryl Streep at the Oscars this year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what do you have against Penélope Cruz? Or even Kate Winslet?

;-)

21:47  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

I haven't seen their nominated work yet, so I can't say! :-)

16:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home