Saturday, July 22, 2006

Things Making Me Laugh Today

As you may know, SisterBang has a dog named Gordon, also affectionately known as "Dordy," "G. Gordon Liddy" and "Dr. Smoothenstein."

When asked what breed he is, SisterBang always responds that he is a Gordon Retriever. He looks, actually, somewhat like a Viszla (sp?). He is a very smooth, handsome orange mutt guy with a greying muzzle. My sister is NEVER seen without him by her side. They sleep in the bed together, head on the same pillow.

I love Gordon excessively, even when he falls out of bed in the night as he did last weekend, sounding for all the world like a cannonball coming through the window. SisterBang slept soundly through the whole thing while I sat up in bed with my hair on end.

Anyway, you know how you have voices for your animal family members? We have a voice for Gordon that sounds somewhat like Goliath in the old "Davey and Goliath" claymation television show that you used to watch on Sundays when you were a kid (and you know you still think of it every time you hear the opening strains of "Ein Feste Burg Ist Unser Gott.") It's the voice we use for all the dogs in our family. Before it was Gordon's voice it was Pippin's voice.

This is all a very long backstory to what's making me laugh, which is this:
last weekend, I was talking with Gordon and he said to me (via his ventriloquist, of course) in the most gentle doggy way, "Don't get up in my grill."

I am laughing to tears just thinking about it all day today. Can you just picture that?? I must need more sleep.

The other thing that's making me laugh is the word "pillock." Which I think is British slang for "irritating doofus."
Do you get a mental image of Tony Blair when you say it? Me, too.

I hope there are many things making you laugh today. I have BANJO at 4:30, and I'm sure my lame, plunky rendition of "When the Saints Go Marching In" will bring some laughter into my teacher's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home