Monday, July 17, 2006

Chlorine Brain

It's very very hot in the Hamptons, but you would never know it at here at La Casa de MotherBang. We go from the shady backyard and pool to the air-conditioned house. We eat. We blab. We read. We eat some more. We take naps. BrotherBang updates us on the status of what's happening in Lebanon, which is scary and deeply upsetting. We have differences of opinion, but no fights. Hallelujah.

It is very good. Sister and BrotherBang were here, and Sister-In-Law and the two babies. MotherBang and I cracked up today when she suggested they call me "Rantie PeaceBang" instead of Auntie PeaceBang.

I did read _The Alchemist_ by Paulo Coehlo and I thought it was so terrible I was tempted to throw it into the pool. I truly WANTED to rant and rave about it for a long time but really, I was too relaxed to manage much more than fairly mild exclamations of disgust and dismay.

_The Alchemist_ is Joseph Campbell by way of Oprah by way of Charo. That is the LAST TIME PeaceBang will ever trust the general bookbuying public to choose her Deep Spiritual Tomes for her.

MotherBang's computer is old and has a dial-up connection, so that's all I can say now. I can't even figure out how to italicize THE ALCHEMIST.

One more thing: we attended a beautiful church service at a Methodist Camp Church. More on that later.

Stay cool. Don't kill anyone. Even when you're stuck in traffic around Boston.

Peace.
Bang.

Personal to SisterBang: I got you the second Ditty-Bops album! Psych!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree, that is a terrible book, and you have nailed its provenance.

21:09  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

MY GOD, it was SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

21:12  
Blogger aola said...

We hear on CNN that the traffic in Boston just goes from bad to worse.

Well, that's one more book I won't bother to read.

21:22  
Blogger Jody Harrington said...

Thanks for the warning about the book!

09:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home