Life In An SUV
I'm paying a little bit more for gas, but since I've gone into a bigger vehicle I've noticed a few things:
1. People don't tailgate me as treacherously as they used to. In fact, they hardly tailgate at all, and that was a constant terror in my Honda Civic.
2. I can see much better for night driving.
3. I am a much calmer, and therefore probably safer, driver. For example, I don't white-knuckle the steering wheel when driving next to jersey barriers or when a big truck roars up alongside me.
4. Long drives don't leave me feeling all crunched up and sore.
5. I can cart big things around with the greatest of ease.
As much as I hated to do it, the bigger car was absolutely the right choice for me. Which is exactly the thinking that contributes to global warning and our demise as a species. Don't think I don't know it. I know, I know.