Saturday, May 13, 2006

Burning Questions

1. What makes something "cute?" How do we really define cute, and does it include a component of humor? I think it must, because things I think of as really cute always make me laugh a little.

2. How do people without access to de-greasing dish soap really get their pots and pans clean? And does it matter?

3. When I thoroughly rinse out all my bottles and cans for recycling purposes, is all the water I am using a worse waste of natural resources than it would be to just throw those items in the trash? In other words, what's worse: not recycling, or wasting water rinsing everything out?

4. What's more fun than five consecutive days or rain and occasional torrential downpours in Eastern Massachusetts?
a. a bout of food poisoning or b. sticking pins in your eyes?

5. Why does the top of my cat's head smell so much cuter than the top of your cat's head?

Bonus Question:

How hard could it possibly be to write a decent Mother's Day sermon between now and midnight?

4 Comments:

Blogger Obijuan said...

I'll have an answer to the bonus question tomorrow.

20:22  
Blogger Steven Rowe said...

2)I could go on with what BOYINTHEBANDS says, to say that with old cast iron wear, back when you cooked with wood, you didnt need to clean the smudge on the outside of the pots either. I used to lead month long canoe trips, cooking with just a cast iron dutch oven. It's fairly easy to clean (and the lid makes an easy frypan too).
3)For recycling, the rinsing is for the convience of the handlers (and to help keep critters away before the items are melted); unless you are scrubbing them, or in an extreme drought area, a light rinse shouldnt be that much waste - and the amount of waste that would go into landfills is much more wastefull. There's a local area here in SC that is taking NYC trash - its the main industry for that county! - and it's now the highest object in that county, and is working toward being the highest in 75 miles....
1) "cute" will often make me smile, but not really laugh... but your veiw may explain why some of my dates decades back, didnt like my calling them cute....

10:08  
Blogger fausto said...

5. Why does the top of my cat's head smell so much cuter than the top of your cat's head?

Secondhand exposure to the minister's beauty products, would be my guess.

13:12  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

The water that you rinse the recyclables with need not be fresh. I will use pour the water from one bottle into another in the process of rinsing. I just put some water in a bottle, cap it, shake it up a bit to loosen up stubborn bits, and then pour the water into the next bottle, etc.

Admittedly, I don't use a lot of bottles, and have used my can opener twice in two years. I go through lots of paper, which doesn't need to be rinsed.

01:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home