Tuesday, October 11, 2005

What You Can Photograph

I'm sorry I don't have photos of the really meaningful things I saw in Baton Rouge, like Allen Chapel and the River Center Red Cross shelter, but I was trying to be sensitive to people's dignity and privacy. I just didn't think it would be compassionate or appropriate to whip out my camera and take photos of people's misery but Volunteer Steve told me that actually, the little kids at the shelters love having their photos taken. It helps relieve some of their boredom. So now I'm sorry that I didn't, as I would love to have images of some of the lovely, intrepid souls I encountered there.

I left my heart in Baton Rouge. It was hard to leave just as I was getting a sense of how to get around and how to help a little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home