Saturday, July 16, 2005

Win a Date With PeaceBang!


sweeney todd
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.
The New Rep Theatre has a beautiful new space in Watertown, MA, and they're hosting a gala concert version of "Sweeney Todd" on July 26th to raise money for the new space. They've brought back the cast from their recent production -- all of whom got raves -- and it promises to be a swell evening of thee-ay-tah. As soon as I got the e-mail invitation I called right up and bought two $65 tickets, never considering that I had no one to go with (one of those, "Oh, I forgot! I don't have a husband!" moments). An ad on the internet only yielded the usual losers and pervs.

Sister of PeaceBang has loved this show ever since she saw it on Broadway in high school and spent the entire evening in a fetal position, whimpering softly every time the horrid London factory whistle blew.

PeaceBang once played the cheerfully homicidal Mrs. Lovett, and adores the show herself.

Let me know if you're interested. If you're a couple, you could obtain one more ticket and we could all go together. You and your S.O. can even sit together.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steven Rowe said...

do we get to find out if someone won the date??


StevenR

19:50  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

No one won the date! I am getting desparate! My friend M. says he can go unless he gets called to do stand-in work for some t.v. show. How's THAT for gratitude?

23:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home