Saturday, June 10, 2006

Blogger Ate My Baby!

Darling PeaceBangers,
As many of you know, Blogger has been woogy of late, and I wrote a long, impassioned post the other day about the unfortunate "Us Vs. Them-ism" issue in the UUA, but it was snatched out of the land of the living and consigned to blogger hell. Or limbo.
Maybe I will find or recreate it again someday, but meanwhile, I mourn.

I don't dare write anything substantive today for fear that the same fate awaits all my posts while Blogger is still obviously in vulnerable condition, so let me amuse you with some chit-chat:

It's still raining.
I had a dream last night that I was growing gossamer tufts of hair from my face. When I looked in the mirror and saw them -- rather like delicate little fish fins (and with this weather, IS IT ANY WONDER I'D BE GROWING FINS!?), I said to someone, "Oh my GOD, is this what perimenopause is doing to me?"

I think "perimenopause" is one of those "diseases" the medical establishment makes up in order to convince absolutely ordinary people whose bodies are doing absolutely ordinary things to pathologize the normal process of aging so they can sell more drugs.

I attended the UCC Massachusetts Conference gathering this weekend at Mount Holyoke College and slept in a dorm room, which is always fun.
I dubbed my bed the Cot Of Punishment, but I still think dorms are fun.
The UCC experience was lovely. I felt entirely at home, welcomed, appreciated (I was there with my music group, and we sang for two worship services and a concert last night, all of which were attended by hundreds of liberal Christians -- talk about amazing grace!) and very much among brothers and sisters. The worship service last night ministered to me in a deep and abiding way, and the newly-elected Conference Minister said something so nice to me that I will remember and hold it to my heart for a very long time. He didn't need to do that, either.

Can I tell you how cool it was to sing "Amazing Grace" in shape-note style (my group) and then to be on the stage while a Latino group jammed it in Spanish, and then a jazz group (mostly Black musicians) rocked the house with their version? Total joy, total Spirit.

That's all I'll write now. I do have BANJO lessons later, and a sermon to finish.

7 Comments:

Blogger tinythinker said...

I used to have that problem on message boards--composing some long, well-thought out reply to a great point ot question, and then poof, it was gone. It's why I now type up anything that long and involved on a word processing program then transfer it over and add any styling or images.

Good luck with the lesson(s)...

13:01  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

Yeah, those UCC folks really like their multicultural music. Good stuff.

I'm with tinythinker - when I write a really challenging post, I do it in my Word application first. I've just lost too many "masterposts" over the years.

I grieve for your lost post, too. Remember: time heals all wounds. =)

13:21  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wish I could have heard you singing! (Right denomination, wrong state...)

14:56  
Blogger Chalicechick said...

Didja try the "recover post" button?

CC

01:01  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Hello Ms 'pontificator'..nice term for minister, I like it. I was browsing and saw your site. I see you already got good advice; write and save it on Word or something and then copy and paste. However, somehow the links I put in there never work when I copy and paste so I do have to add that once I have the material on blogger..
have a good weekend
Ingrid

01:08  
Blogger ronia the resilient said...

PB,
You got to go to my ALMA MATER for your conference? I'm so freakin' jealous.

Sigh. Missing the MHC vibe,

Dame Olympia

01:30  
Blogger fausto said...

Speaking as one religious blogger at blogger.com whom the Holy Spirit has been inspiring far less frequently of late, I don't symathize with your loss, I envy it.

But drafting offline in a word proccessing app is still an inspired suggestion.

Speaking of BANJO lessons, if you ever want to know how to play "You Are My Sunshine" on the 5-string rather than the 4-string, "Famous UU Pete Seeger" (which is to say, phony frailing) style, call me.

21:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home