Saturday, June 03, 2006

BANJO Update

I would just like to report that as of tonight, I can play the first two lines of "You Are My Sunshine" on the tenor BANJO, both picking AND strumming.

I get a lot of notes wrong and I'm very slow and I cuss a lot, but I get one or two really lovely chords and I am very excited!

I had a very bad lesson today and almost cried but then my teacher said I shouldn't be frustrated because he's not at all frustrated with me.

It's really good spiritual exercise to keep trying to accomplish something you're really dumb at. It's very humbling.

Thanks for your support. Also, to think that I got a bunch of UUs talking about Pentecost! Whoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Princess Pinky said...

Keep plucking on with that banjo. I quit guitar and I haven't stopped kicking myself for it. I married an excelent guitar player so I think if I picked it up again it would frustrate me more... maybe bass though.

Anyway, good luck and stick with it!

23:03  
Blogger Chalicechick said...

I heart "you are my sunshine."

I have a version of "Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies" covering a punk arrangement of it.

It's still sweet.

CC

10:39  
Blogger indrax said...

"You are my sunshine" with cussing? I want a recording!

00:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home