Saturday, April 01, 2006

Orange Is the New Black

Orange Is the New Black
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.
I want to think that Hollywood's penchant for orange skin is a form of anti-racist activism, as in "If we can't get along as different races, maybe we can find the middle ground in a new race -- the ORANGE race! A commitment which I myself am boldy prepared to make!"

But I somehow don't think so.

Photo courtesy of
The chick is Nicky Hilton, in case you needed to know. cf Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, et al.


Blogger Princess Pinky said...

It disturbs me that people think it is attractive to look like an oumpa-lumpa.

Blogger Fr. Damocles said...

At least they haven't embraced ganguroism yet.

Blogger Kim said...

I don't understand this post.

Blogger Stephen said...

I came to this realisation myself a while ago when I realised that Beyonce and Mariah Carey seem to have exactly the same skin tone in official photographs. I'm sure they don't, but lighting and make-up etc make them look like they do. What to make of it, I don't know.


Post a Comment

<< Home