Saturday, April 01, 2006

"Non-Drowsy" Formula???

I awoke this morning at 6:00 a.m. to find myself in the throes of BAD springtime allergies.
I grabbed a Kleenex and headed off to find last year's Claritin in the medicine cabinet.

I took one (NON-DROWSY, they said. NON-DROWSY!) and returned to bed to read Carl Scovel's lovely little book of essays, Never Far From Home, hoping to relax and get drowsy enough to go back to sleep. Success! I got drowsy and went back to sleep.

I awoke at ten minutes past noon.

Total shock. Jaw-dropping horror. I pulled the clock to me, wondering if the cat had figured out how to push it ahead for an April Fool's joke. I think the last time this happened was about ten years ago, and it was just as terrifying then. Where did those hours go? I dreamed a lot, I drooled a lot, and cripes, I must have needed the sleep.

Now I'm (not so frantically) working on my sermon and I have BANJO at 4:30.
It's warm and the daffodils are up.

2 Comments:

Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

you are taking banjo lessons?

15:34  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Oh girl, where have you been?

Read March 20th! "Banjo Fantasy Fulfilled"

16:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home