Saturday, September 03, 2005

Hurricane Party

I'm having a Hurricane Relief Party today. I'm crossing my fingers that I can raise at least a few hundred dollars for the UU Gulf Coast Relief Fund. $500 would be awesome. Lots of people are busy and out of town but we'll just do the best we can with what we've got.

I made fried chicken (my version, very buttery and sinful), tons of red beans and rice, and we're having mint julep. Also "sweet tea" which I learned how to make from Brother Scott Wells (who also provided the recipe for the red beans and rice and I'm sure he'll forgive me -- if not in this world, then in the next -- that although the beans are perfect, all I had on hand was basmati rice. So I guess I should say that we're having "Red Beans and Yankee Liberal Multi-Culti Blue State Rice.")

I'll check in later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peregrinato said...

I wanna go.

15:52  
Blogger Chalicechick said...

I want to go, too.

Do you take PayPal?

17:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home