Friday, December 01, 2006

Sudden Death

Someone I knew only briefly but was very fond of, died suddenly the other day.

He actually dropped dead, as the old expression goes. I just found out.

I felt he was kind of a kindred spirit and can easily picture his face and voice in my mind as I think of him.
We met this summer and bonded immediately over having been treated extremely shabbily by the same man. He had been the man's lover. I had not been and had never wished to be, but was a fairly constant companion for a year. We and I had a good laugh about that-- how talented I was to manage to get dumped by a man I wasn't even dating! He said, "Honey, at least I know why he left me." Craig helped me to leave a very puzzling and upsetting episode behind me, and for that I am grateful to him. I'm also glad that he had a wild fun time at some big gay bacchanal in New Orleans this year. He was still beaming about it weeks later.

He was really funny, very bright, and loved Patti LuPone like mad. The night he died, he had just seen her in concert. A mutual friend said that maybe his heart couldn't take it.

May he rest in peace. He will be missed. It was far too short a life.

And I am very, very sad.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lilylou said...

I just experienced one of those too, PB. I join you in your sorrow.

18:02  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

I'm sorry, PB.

04:18  
Blogger Chalicechick said...

You're in my thougts, PB.

05:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear of such a loss - for you and for others who appreciated him. Thank you for sharing a little of his life with us.

13:36  
Blogger ronia the resilient said...

death sucks, don't it?
Thinking of you, PB.

Dame O

13:53  
Blogger Rev NDM said...

I'm so sorry for your respective losses, PB and Ms. Kitty.

19:08  
Blogger UUEnforcer said...

I'm sorry to hear that, and I'll be keeping you in my prayers as always.

20:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home