Monday, May 22, 2006

My Answer to Matt Stone

A cool guy named Matt Stone commented on PeaceBang on May 20, asking me where I thought my journey was going.
I looked him up and it turns out he has this cool blog, which he is apparently moving, but these posts are quite terrific:

http://circleofdionysius.blogspot.com/
Plus, he has a really cute new baby. Congratulations to you and your wife, Matt.

So, where do I think my journey is going?

I think it's going on as I am led by the Holy Spirit. I don't know what else to say.
I'm passionately committed to the potential of Unitarian Universalism -- not to its current reality, in case I haven't made that abundantly clear -- and I am going to do what I can for its survival as long as I have the energy and sense of calling to do so.

While I am tepid and skeptical of the larger movement that is "UUism," I am red hot about my own congregation. They keep me inspired and excited. They remind me every day that this is about an association of congregations doing good ministry in local settings.

As far as my theological journey goes, who knows? I was a mystical child, an atheistic teenager who thought she might like to be a parapsychologist when she grew up, an angry, anti-Christian young adult, a Wiccan practitioner, and then, nine years ago, a baptized Christian with special interest in Jungian archetypal psychology and Tibetan Buddhist concepts of the afterlife. Anything could happen from this point on. God will do what God will do with me.

Matt, your blog has all the energy and intelligence and spirited curiosity I am missing so much within my own movement, which so often has an incredibly navel-gazing, energy-draining perspective. Glad you found PeaceBang, hope you come back, and thanks for asking.

3 Comments:

Blogger grateful_1 said...

I really like your comments about your 'religious/spiritual' path.
I can relate! thanks - Gary

12:45  
Blogger grateful_1 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:46  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the "hook up" to Matt.

Cheerfully, Roger Kuhrt

19:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home