Sunday, April 23, 2006

Happy Earth Day!

I blessed about thirty dogs today, sometimes by the armful (e.g., two placid mini dachsunds with the brownest eyes you ever saw).
I blessed a fat, peach-colored hamster, and two white mice (whose little boy solemnly told me, "If you want to take the mice out of the cage to bless them, um, you shouldn't because they always poop on your finger!" I said I would just touch them on the top of their heads, and I appreciated the warning.)
Also up for a blessing: two tadpoles (no kidding) and a beautiful blue fighting fish named Nemo.
I blessed a traumatized cat who cowered in her carrying case, and was presented with a horseshoe from a new horse.
I fell in love with a rat terrier named Boo-Boo who came to church in a little argyle sweater.

I shared the service with an eminent visiting colleague, the Reverend Doggone Mather:

RevDords

The final benediction ended, "Amen, Woof, Meow."

And they said it couldn't be done.

3 Comments:

Blogger fausto said...

Is Mather the one known in the blogosphere as DITB?

00:21  
Blogger Peregrinato said...

Why, oh why, does this make me think of a certain episode of the Vicar of Dibley?

00:38  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Oh Scott, is he not the cutest?

21:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home