Friday, January 06, 2006

Best Herbal Tea

If you're an herbal tea person (and even if you're not) you should know about these:

http://www.newenglandtea.com/sys/product/category1.html

I bought a bunch of them when I was in Montreal this summer and they're just wonderful in a 32 oz. container of plain old water, not even boiled. I get so dehydrated in the winter but I get bored of drinking water, so I pop a starfruit or blueberry tea bag in there, add three drops of stevia, and voila! a much better, much cheaper alternative to Vitamin Water (which has calories, too, and this doesn't).

Something is very wrong with me this evening in the tummy department and I am just praying, praying, praying that it's not the flu. I have such huge plans for the next week, a flu would be disastrous right now.

Hard to imagine that Ariel Sharon is lying in extremis in Israel right now. I can't remember a time when Sharon was not. O, Israel. You confuse me so very much.

My cousin's son makes his bar mitzvah on the day that I turn 40. I am sending him the lovely book The Sabbath, by Abraham Joshua Heschel. If I think of it, I also want to send him a collection of Heschel's works called
I Asked For Wonder, which I also love.
I loved Heschel's first anthology, too -- a reflection on secular life called
I Asked For the Check.

I'm kidding! I'm kidding already! Don't look it up on Amazon, what are you, meshugenah?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home