Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Sins of The Open Road


Sins of The Open Road
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.

I can't believe I saw it.

I still can't believe it.

I was driving up Route 3 tonight on the way to town for the alumni dinner and I SAW A WOMAN READING WHILE DRIVING.

She wasn't just looking in a book, she was reading a book. She read and drove for several miles, swerving occasionally. She barely glanced up when I honked at her.

I called the State Police and reported her plate number. She was driving a white Toyota and had a bumper sticker that said, "CRONE."

She should have had a bumper sticker that said, "TREACHEROUS IDIOT."

I only hope and pray that they pulled her over before she hurt someone.

(Word of the day: allegiance)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More often than not, if I don't see someone swerving around while having a conversation(undoubtedly the most important ever)on their cell phone, then I see a woman driving while applying makeup in the mirror, or a man driving while shaving.

Hang up the bloody phone (what do you have to talk about at 7:30 in the morning!!) and get your lazy rear end out of bed early enough to prepare yourself for the day.

08:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hearty "AMEN!" to Oversoul! I used to see a woman on my daily commute who would either be brushing her obviously still-wet hair, or--and I still shudder at the thought--in the car with her tweezers out, looking in the rearview mirror! I think I even saw her with her eyelash curler once. I'm all for time management, but that's just insane. Get up five minutes earlier and make the road a more pleasant and SAFE place.

16:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home