Sunday, April 22, 2007

ABC Carpet and Home


Spring NYC 2007 040
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.

When I am really sapped, I find it really healing to empty my mind and fill my eyes with color and beauty and diversity. New York City is one of my favorite places in the world to do this, so I spent all day yesterday in the city. What a glorious day.

I fell in love with this 5-floor store, ABC Carpet and Home (such a prosaic name for such a paradisical environment!) and spent over an hour just wandering around, snapping photos, digging their chakra-oriented set-up (a bit self-consciously groovy but aesthetically divine) and not spending a penny.

The clerks were all lovely and fun, and I spent many long minutes discussing these embroidered pieces... made from fabrics from Uzbekistan... they have such soul to them, don't you think?

Spring NYC 2007 056Spring NYC 2007 051

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

The fabric on that couch is absolutely amazing!

22:36  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

Yeah, I'm loving that couch, too.

13:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home