Monday, August 21, 2006

PB in P'Town

PeaceBang is on vacation in Provincetown this week.

She is reading three wonderful books:

A Long Obedience In the Same Direction by Eugene Peterson
and
Julie and Julia (about a woman who cooks her way through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking)
and
an anthology on writers and depression.

She is praying the Anglican rosary.
She is plotting sermons.
And sleeping late.
And laughing with friends.

She wishes you love and God's strength and wisdom as you prepare for the rigors of autumn.


Peace.
Bang/

3 Comments:

Blogger Rev NDM said...

I hope you find renewal, body and soul, during your time away.

11:24  
Blogger Magdalene6127 said...

I have recently discovered your blogs and love them madly. My curiosity has been piqued by reference you made to a sermon that a Texas pagan congregation was using in their worship. I would love to read said sermon. Is this possible?

For what it's worth, I am a Presbyterian minister. I promise not to use your materials in worship without your permission.

18:28  
Blogger Berrysmom said...

PB, please tell us more about the books. My summer reading was all novels (some excellent--ask me), which might provide sermon fodder only in the most oblique way. Book reviews appreciated...

22:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home