Tuesday, July 04, 2006

PeaceBang Going All 17th Century

I'm reading this, which is very good but somewhat over-rated and overwrought,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679446869/102-8728660-3660134?v=glance&n=283155

and this, which is just marvelous:

http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog/HALFAI.html

It was kind of cool that I bought it a month or so ago at the Harvard Divinity School bookstore and as I was walking to my car, Professor Hall passed me in the parking garage and I got to say hello and he pretended to remember me.

Theological Rock Star sighting!

3 Comments:

Blogger fausto said...

In the same vein, here's the one I want to read next.

And further in the same vein, when I was a sophomore in college, the father of one of my roommates published this.

10:23  
Blogger Unknown said...

So what did deep Unitarianism look like in these centuries? I suupose like this:
http://www.mysticfire.com/ntsc/projects/coinc.htm

so if we are going to go like 17th century, let's go all the WAY!

Cheerfully, RK

04:29  
Blogger The Eclectic Cleric said...

How funny/ironic/serendipitous -- I also saw Faithful Shepherd at the HDS bookstore and bought my own copy (since it had been such an important resource for MY doctoral dissertation), and have also just acquired The Name of War after reading her review of Nathaniel Philbrick's Mayflower in the New Yorker. Here are two more great ones for you (sorry I can't figure out the linking thing) Harry Stout's The New England Soul and Donald Scott's From Office to Profession.

10:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home