Sunday, February 12, 2006

Michelle Kwan is Golden To Me

I would like to say spiritual things about how it's ridiculous that such a dedicated and talented athelete as Michelle Kwan should not be content to have won a silver and bronze medal at the Olympics, but that's not the world we live in.

She's injured herself again, after having received medical clearance to skate in Turin, and she's taken herself off the team. There will be no more Olympic dreams for Michelle.

This is one classy kid. Hard-working, gracious, out there perfecting her craft at dozens of competitions and providing lots of little girls an athletic icon. She done good.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11302192/

I'm sorry, Michele. I wish you well. I'm not quite ready to get excited about Emily Hughes, 'cause I'm too sad for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lu said...

http://hellomarylu.blogspot.com/ My comments about Michelle match yours. I'm like Scott H. Very sad to see her go.

09:09  
Blogger Jess said...

She is one classy lady, and I'm sad to see her have to withdraw. I'm glad, though, that she's not pushing blindly ahead, possibly injuring herself more.

Emily Hughes is a cutie - Nationals was a nail-biter this year except for Sasha. I wonder how Emily will stack up against international competition.

12:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home