Friday, March 11, 2005

Lunch With Philocrites

I had some business on Beacon Hill today and had the unexpected pleasure of stealing dear Philocrites (www.Philocrites.com) away for lunch at a charming nearby bistro. Having just endured a really harrowing business meeting, I had a Bloody Mary with my soup, and he had a sandwich and Freedom fries.

He is such a gift to Unitarian Universalism and we're really so grateful to have imported him East from Utah. Mitt Romney, you can have.

As I was walking down the Common to the "T" (if you're not a Bostonian, that's okay, you can figure it out), two reporters from Fox TV asked me, on camera, what I would nominate for the official Rodent of Massachusetts. I wanted to say "Mitt Romney" but I stuck with the good old field mouse, three of whom I found floating in my olive oil back in December. You remember that, don't you?

It's snowing again. Please, South Beach Diet Gods, give me the strength not to turn to buttered popcorn and chocolate for solace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why, if I had known how much you enjoyed marinated field mice, I would picked a very different restaurant! Thanks for the lunch outing!

10:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I saw you on TV! I think the field mouse would be a great Official Rodent! Mice are so cute and the state is certainly full of them!
It would have been funny if you had said Mitt Romney,....although it would be kind of insulting to mice, rats, beavers, and squirrels!

10:49  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

You saw me?? Did I look cute, or did I look like a cold, hunched up gremlin in a blue hat pulled over my eyes? It was snowing, you know.

Apparently they cut off most of my inane comment, which was something like, "I think the field mouse, because I just found three of them drowned in my olive oil! I'm going to have to go with the field mouse!" The Fox News guys were like, "Um, okay, Crazy Lady!"

10:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home