Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Cat That Got Away


omar-violin
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.
This is Omar, a cat I met and kind of tamed in the summer of 1999 while house sitting for friends in PA. He was a biter and a scratcher who infuriated the other two legitimate feline members of the household by just sort of strolling into the house through their cat door whenever he felt like it. I thought he was smashing. He now lives in Massachusetts and has apparently taken up the violin. What a looker.

One evening I was watching a movie in the glassed-in, air-conditioned living room when I saw Omar racing across the lawn, hell bent for leather and practically foaming at the mouth. I thought, "What in the world is he running from?" and turned to survey the yard. When I spotted an unbelievably huge buck with his doe and fawn standing at the edge of the lawn, I just about fell off my chair. Those were some big antlers there, feller.

I teased Omar about it for days. "Hey Omar, can I borrow a few BUCKS?" and like that. Don't think he didn't understand me.

Love to you, my handsome bad boy Omar, and to your human for sending me this recent photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home