Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Few Minutes Of Pure Beautiful

This is just a purely lovely moment of exquisite music between an adorable young man and his ukelele:

http://www.break.com/top_rated/worlds_best_ukulele_player.html

This rendition of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" might just have you weeping.

I had no idea you could get this kind of music out of a uke. More inspiration to put more practice time in with my BANJO.

Enjoy.

[This just in! His name is Jake Shimabukuro and he has an album you can buy! -- P.B.]

4 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

Wow, very cool. Thanks.

17:54  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Speaking of BANJO, I played like two chords and plunked out a couple of notes of "I'll Fly Away" tonight at dinner with friends, and everyone started singing along. It was the cutest thing ever, and it almost made me cry because the damn fools sang beautifully and then applauded ME like I had really played my instrument.


How cute is that. Now I really have to get good.

22:10  
Blogger Stephen Lingwood said...

Ah, you make me really regret that I missed the Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain at Greenbelt.

07:22  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

The ukelele player is remarkable.

17:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home