Sunday, February 19, 2006

What Did Gerald Ford Ever Do To Me?

I was at a party last night with a lot of theatre pals, and the Music Director of one of our local theatres said he had just worked on Sondheim's Assassins in Boston, and there was a great part in it for me. "You have just the right look for it," he said.

First of all, I admire this man's talent so much that I would play anything in any production he's working on, but I have to admit that when I found out that the part I had "just the right look for" was mentally unstable Sara Jane Moore, I was a bit taken aback. Her claim to fame is to have plotted to assassinate Gerald Ford:

http://www.geocities.com/proprioter/y_moore.html

After I read more about her, though, I thought, oh man, this could be more cathartic than playing Emma Goldman.

What I wouldn't do to appear in another Sondheim production. Even a second-rate one.

2 Comments:

Blogger PeaceBang said...

I guess I don't have "the look" for Squeaky. I suspect it has more to do with vocal range, though. Sara Jane is a kind of mezzo role. I suspect that Squeaky might be... squeaky?

18:01  
Blogger Chalicechick said...

Lili Taylor was good in "I shot Andy Warhol."

CC

20:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home