Saturday, November 12, 2005

Kate Bush Is Back!


kate bush
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.

Kate Bush has a new album coming out; her first in a decade. I used to love her -- and still think that "This Woman's Work" is one of the most haunting songs of that era. It was used to great effect in the surprisingly touching "She's Having a Baby" starring Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth McGovern. (hey! where's she been lately, anyway?)

Anyway, "The Kick Inside" is still a kick to listen to. I also still love "Never Forever." (have to check on that title)

Kate is the original ethereal rock goddess -- ain't no Tori can compete, as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing about Kate is that she might want to consider a new director for her videos. David and I rented one lo those many years ago and were embarrassed to the point of hands over our mouths at Kate's rather spastic dance moves. She was trying to be Fairie Queen and it was coming out more Pee Wee Herman.

Look for "Aerial" in stores near you!

2 Comments:

Blogger PeaceBang said...

"Strange Phenomena" is a great song. Bang.

22:08  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

It's only been what, 13 years? What's Kate been up to all this time?

I used to LOVE She's Having a Baby. I watched it maybe a dozen times when I was in my mid-teens. I even got my first brother to watch it with me and like it (he probably doesn't remember). One of the best uses of a great song ever.

McGovern has been around, but in smaller, independent films as a supporting actress. I remember seeing her in House of Mirth (a terrific film), and she was also in The Scarlet Pimpernell (sp?). I always thought she was so adorable. Like Diana from the Anne of Green Gables stories.

12:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home