Monday, September 12, 2005

Mighty Mighty Water

I'm going to do a service on September 25th on Water. Tsunamis, flash floods, levees, hurricanes, tears, all of the scary, awesome aspects of water. I'm going to tie it in with the Rosh Hashanah practice of tashlich, where you cast pebbles or crumbs into running water to get rid of the bad things you've done in the past year.

I'd also like to address water rights issues but I'm a complete tyro on the subject (or I will be when I learn more about it).
Can you help?
HELP! (Jessica, are you there?)

One thing I wonder about: after New Orleans gets all pumped out, where does that water go? I mean, I know I can look up where it GOES, but what about all the debris, the human remains, et al? What happens to the water? What about after the tsunami? Does Great Mama Ocean just absorb it all? What does it all mean for the ecological balance?


I went to the beach today. Then I came home and roasted a chicken and sat outside and smoked a cigarette and said "Goodbye, summer."

2 Comments:

Blogger Chalicechick said...

You would have to live eight hours away. That's Big Torture To-Do Sunday in Washington and I think I'd find your sermon a lot more useful.

CC

17:49  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Greenseagirl to the rescue! But first... you guys aren't near the hurricane Ophelia fallout, are you?

I'll write off line.

18:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home